Monday, December 30, 2013

Tutu's and High Tops

2 words I never thought I would mention together.  I knew having a girl would be different but how different I was no aware of.   Don't get me wrong, I am loving the girl  even more so because it's a whole new experience for all of us.  We were so use the the BOYS.  We love the BOYS.  The BOYS love tools, balls, tools and balls.  We now have a Girl and she loves, books, babies and tea parties!!!!!

DSC_0424.jpg
The best part for me is Miss Miss (my nickname for her) loves books as long as they are read by Daddy.  She is starting to be a Daddies girl, yeah!  Don't get me wrong I love that my kid want and need me, but  my heart melts to see my daughter grab a book and ask Daddy to read it to her.

DSC_0471.jpg
On the Girly note I am loving the Tutu.  Shelly sent her this pink polka dot tutu for her birthday that is her FAVORITE.  She will even pull it out of the drawer and bring to to me to put on her.  I must admit, I am a bit partial to the tutu too.

DSC_0538.jpg
I cannot deny that a part of me was waiting for her.  Granted if she was a boy I would have been just fine and absolutely okay with it.  Granted she would have been named Rocco.  There is a huge part of me that is really, really glad she was a girl. Not that I am that girly girl, but to have my girl is great.

DSC_0669.jpg
I pledge to NEVER be her buddy, but to always be the the one person she can come to and trust.  I actually  tell my boys the same thing.  See my mother was never my friend, but she was THERE for me always.  We became friends when I realized she was the smartest person I knew.  I only realize that because she taught me that she and my father were not my friends, they were my PARENTS!


DSC_0558.jpg
I kind of wish she walks in my shoes, cause I didn't turn out half bad. I kind of hope she takes her own path because the journey is half the battle. Either way we are all in it together - Michael, me, Francesco , Nicolo and Carmela.

DSC_0710.jpg
We will make it. I am certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment