Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Days are Long

It has been a world wind around here.  If you haven't heard we moved... around the corner.  It was a spur of the moment decision but a good one.  When we first got CA we rented a small house not knowing if we would stay in the area, we also only had 2 kids and one cat.  2 years later we were walking on top of each other, now 3 kids and 2 cats, we just couldn't breath.  So when the opportunity presented itself we jumped in feet first.

It was tough, but we did it with a lot...a lot...of help from my in-laws.  They helped us move, they helped us paint, they helped up clean, they watched our kids and they feed us.  It wouldn't of happened without them.  Yes, I am very lucky!!!!

The new place is 400 square foot bigger with vaulted ceiling, LOVE IT!  The boys have a bigger room and a lot more space for all their stuff.  Carmela is enjoying it too.

Unfortunately, right after we moved-in Michael had to travel.  The first night I was out numbered,  Nicolo hit Francesco in the eye with a wooden block while I tried to cook dinner.  I learned that night exactly why parents do Take-Out.  Not two days later I am called by the school and being told Nicolo stuck a pencil in his ear and the tip broke off.  Huh?  That was my same reaction.  I found out the he was not in pain nor bleeding,  so on my way to the school I stopped by the house to grab my Otoscope and hemostats. When Nicolo saw me come into the school office he looked excited because he thought he was getting out of school early.  Instead I retrieve the pencil lead, made sure he did not injure his ear drum and took him back to class.  He was very disappointed, I think the teacher was too.

To put the icing on the cake...Carmela and Francesco came down with Atypical Hand Foot and Mouth- ARGH. Francesco's  was mild, sore throat and fever.  He spent the last 3 days recovering while playing the X-Box.  Carmela on the other hand had the rash...everywhere...and severe in the mouth.  So, not only is she teething  but she wouldn't swallow or drink.  I worried, prayed she wouldn't become dehydrated and we made it through.  I knew she was better when she started eating me out of house and home again.

The biggest lesson I have learned recently is that I can function on 3 hours sleep a night for the past week...hahahahahahahaha.


I mean come on, how could you not want to spend the wee hours of the morning with this one?


DSC_0907.jpg
 
DSC_0797.jpg

2 comments:

  1. boy, sounds crazy for you guys!!! Happy for you to have a new house and hopefully stuff is slowing down for you soon. Look at that gorgeous little girl! :D Miss you all
    Mrs. Bekki :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute when they are younger that you can put up with just about anything, right?? Sounds like a stressful time for you…hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete