Friday, September 18, 2015

Still At It

I am still making my way through new patterns and techniques.  I want to make so many things but it definitely takes time. I also get distracted and make mistakes, some mistakes work, some don't.

I was going to hold out till An over at StraightGrain released the Tinny dress and buy the 3 pack but I just couldn't wait.  I had this fabric from Fabric Worm, by Alison Glass, that I knew I wanted to make the Hanami Top top out of so I got that and the Bubble Dress dress pattern.

I put the tulip sleeves on backwards but only I know that- well  now you do too.


Untitled

I also did the side seams before I put the zipper in, I manage to get it in but I am pretty sure it would have been much easier if I had follow the directions (I was distracted - I have 3 kids, and a husband).


Untitled
Untitled Untitled

Untitled

Overall I am really happy with the finished product.  I am in love with the fabric.

I am also excited to have the Bubble dress pattern.  I just purchased a fabric called Voile from Hawthorne Threads  and can not wait to make this dress.  The fabric is sooooo soft!

I am happy to be able to participate again this week in the Sew + Show



No comments:

Post a Comment